By using recycled paper in their daily lives, people would help save thousands of trees and protect the environment. Here are some important facts you need to know before deciding what paper to use in the future.
- 1 ton of recycled paper saves 13 trees;
- 1 ton of recycled paper saves 4100 kilowatt hours of electricity, 2.5 barrels of oil, 31780 litres of water and 4 cubic meters of area in the waste disposal site;
- Only 60% of the resources needed to produce 1 ton of primary paper are used to process 1 ton of recycled paper;
Interesting to know:
- 75,000 trees must be cut down to print the Sunday edition of the New York Times;
- 400,000 trees would have had to be cut down to print the last book in the Harry Potter series in the United States if the publishers had not decided to use only recycled paper;
The truth is that the use of paper cannot be stopped, but it is our choice what paper to use and how this decision of ours will affect us and the world around us!
Let's think more green!